On "Shadowside" we are pulling the last details together, getting ready to hop aboard and set out for Kaneohe Bay. Did I mention that there are about 10,000 "last details".
There are a couple more chances to practice before the big event:
- April 16 - OYRA Lightship Race
- May 21 - OYRA Duxship Race
- June 11 - OYRA OYRA Farallones Race
- June 25 - OYRA One Way to Half Moon Bay (Maybe)
Our start will be on Monday, July 11th, somewhere around noon, at the St. Francis Yacht Club on the Marina Green in San Francisco. From there it's about 2100 nautical miles to the finish line just outside Kaneohe Bay on the island of Oahu in Hawaii.
After the finish it's time to switch gears from hard sailing to hard partying:
- Wednesday, July 27 - Luau at Kaneohe YC
- Thursday, July 28 - Mt. Gay Rum Party at KYC
- Friday, July 29 - Awards Ceremony at KYC